Monday, May 12, 2008

A Love Affair with Photoshop

I've recently acquired a copy of Photoshop. I. Love. It. I've become hooked on Pioneer Woman's blog, and she posts some really amazing pictures. She periodically posts How-To-Photoshop posts that tell you how to make your photos look like hers. So I've been playing around and using her tips as a starting point, and have been editing some of my photos.

I took some of my travel photos and used some Photoshop tricks and here's what I came up with. First will be the Straight out of the Camera shot, followed by the same photo, but edited.

As you can see, I went for subtlety for some, and just went wild for others. Either way, it was just plain fun.

I love this program.

Lynda the Guppy
aka The Fish With Sticks


DC said...

I love Ree's pictures. Love what she does with them, but it always makes mine look bad by comparison! LOL.

I like all yours, but LOVE the lighthouse one. The colours of the sky are amazing!


Lynda the Guppy said...

Thanks, dc! That's one of my favorites, too. In fact, it's my wallpaper here at work.

tinalouise39180 said...

Hey I do the same thing, with PW. In fact I have several of her "hints" printed out for reference.

But sometimes the whole program gets scary and it intimidateds me.